The Higher Mind

I’ve been too occupied to give blogging much attention lately but I’ll say this: menial work has one great advantage in that it frees the mind to “wander at will” while the hands are busy. So here I was trudging through mud and brambles, clearing fence lines through blackberries and vine maple and red osier dogwood, all very romantic when seen from a novel, not so when in the field wearing heavy winter boots, thick gloves and equally heavy rain gear and it’s pouring, and pouring, and pouring…

But back to that thinking bit. I thought, as a follow up to some mind-expanding reading I was doing, that I’d practice thinking in higher mind mode.  I wasn’t sure what that would entail except it would encompass bits and pieces of much thinking practice I’d done since I can remember. I thought, well, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts so this should be interesting.

It was.

What keeps the “lesser mind” occupied? Stuff such as love, romance, job, money (gotten, lost or lacking), food, shopping, relationships, family, relatives, house or home, taxes, a political hope, a new car purchase or the current vehicle’s maintenance costs, a party, a vacation, Netflix(!), Facebook(!), Tweeting(!), texting, a dreaded or hoped-for medical procedure, a new drug, all mostly to do with a body’s pleasure, comfort, discomfort and temporary escape from an ever-present underlying fear arising from a sense of threat or dread which refuses to elicit a solid clue as to its source.

The higher mind, at least the one that has been given the language to express itself relatively freely, doesn’t much care about most of those things, some just listed, that interest, confront and combine to enslave the lesser mind. This is where it truly becomes interesting because one would think that in higher mind mode the physical body’s needs and desires would be denigrated in favour of the kind of thinking that once was called “heavenly minded” or “spiritual.”

Once again I saw how the programming; the propaganda of the marketplace had lied. The higher mind doesn’t disparage or cast aspersions on the body but the opposite. It removes the conditions of enslavement to small deleterious though patterns and frees it to enjoy “life” without worries. The body ruled by the higher mind will drop its worries one by one as each is examined in the light of reality and common sense. Why engage things that present no resolve? Why make fists at the clouds, or the sun?

What makes higher mind thinking so different? It doesn’t care about stuff, and by stuff I mean every single thought that makes one aware of life in its detailing process. The higher mind sees itself as a legitimate member of all that is, with nothing it needs to be subservient to, nor needs to rule over. It sees itself as an observer, first of all, then as a servant of Life however the need for such servanthood manifests. The higher mind shares itself but never appropriates. Whatever energy it needs to function it already possesses by virtue of being who and where it is.

The higher mind may inhabit a body – a common state in this universe – and therefore that body becomes the recipient of the mind’s desire to serve. Unlike the lesser mind however, it will not cater to the body/brain unit functioning in the negativity of servitude to desires, lusts, fears and unfounded hopes which are the things that cause sickness and death. The higher mind has zero tolerance for *“sin” or what is so often described as “the lesser of evils” when the Matrix forces programmed beings to choose one form of evil over another, as in political elections for a prime example.

Living in the higher state of mind does not equate perfection or living in some utopia. Conflicts abound here also, but they are the kind that call for resolve, not the ones chasing each other in the hamster wheel of the Matrix or if you prefer, the System, the Status Quo. It’s more like expressing one’s beingness within an ever expanding *Fibonacci sequence or golden ratio. To my way of thinking the golden ratio perfectly defines the higher mind.

*Sin, as defined by the Teacher El Issa to me: “Sin is any thought, word or deed that harms another in some way which the “sinner” uses to benefit him/herself, spiritually, mentally or materially. The worst sin isn’t murder, it’s slander and lies. Slander and lies (self-aggrandizement) always precede murder.

*Explanation of the Fibonacci sequence or golden mean ratio: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_ratio

29 thoughts on “The Higher Mind

1. sherazade

Un ragionamento davvero interessante ma forse hai saltato un dettaglio non minimo cioè il peso che l’età Intesa in senso anagrafico che indirizza e determina la scelta e dunque allarga gli orizzonti mentre circoscrive a pochi basilari bisogni.
    Penso che bel oltre l imprinting culturale i giovani vogliono godere tutto prima di maturare scelte essenziali e equilibrate per lo spirito.

Un abbraccio cara Sha ‘Tara !

Thanks Shera. You make a good point about youth there but (!) desiring to enjoy life and living within a higher mindset are not mutually exclusive. I think many young people (myself for one, and Greta Thunberg for a current example) can have a life yet think and act progressively. I grew up aware of global problems in the late Fifties and went on from there. I didn’t just “wake up” 2/3 of the way in my life and suddenly decide I should pay attention to world issues and perhaps get actively involved in some of them. It was trials and mistakes; false beliefs and false paths but it was something other than the tick-tock offered by radio and TV. There was excitement in it and it did not end as at the end of a vacation to return to the daily grind. Unlike capitalism’s glowing ads, reality is real.

1. sherazade

Let me day that certamente- soprattutto oggi – i giovani sono molto più attenti.
        In Italia Abbiamo cominciato a dare il cambiamento con il Movimento su studentesco del 68 io ero ancora abbastanza giovane da nn potere partecipare attivamente ma ne ho assorbito gli obiettivi ‘rivoluzionari della ribellione al sistema e del femminismo.

Buona serena domenica Sia ‘Tara

Grazie per ulteriori informazioni e commenti, Shera. È il “giorno della famiglia” ufficiale qui, quindi se questo è il tuo caso, trascorrilo.

2. The Melanin Man

When it comes to the higher self, the daily trivialities of humanity become minuscule and set in it’s proper place. I have a huge disdain with mundane activities, but you’re on point that it gives you a chance to commune with your higher self. It’s major benefit for individuals who are naturally introverted. When it comes to relationships and feeling the need to talk to someone just to validate yourself and feelings, it would behoove you to first connect with the higher mind instead. There is no need to validate yourself then.

Exactly. I didn’t mean to imply I like menial labour but in my current chosen profession I get to mostly work alone and no one can boss me since I’m the one who decides what needs/doesn’t need, to be done! But once that Stihl Kombi cutter is vibrating in your hands and you’re moving along at a steady pace, the mind has a choice to engage other than what’s under foot!

Liked by 1 person

Thanks for the PS. Yes, I am familiar with some of Fromm’s work. I had forgotten about his book, “To Have or to Be” which, according to Wikipedia was published by Harper and Row in 1976. Yes, more than ever, man is in a crisis of over-consumption and corresponding loss of mental and spiritual perspective, and that may well be what causes the downfall of this civilization. With climate change or whatever Earth changes joining in, that downfall may well be much sooner than most people expect it to be and certainly sooner than those who insist there is no “downfall” in the foreseeable future.

3. Hyperion Sturm

The first thing that comes to mind is which mind resides below the lesser mind. I think I’m stuck there with a faulty elevator. I agree with the teacher. The false reality the world pursues today is the genocide of tomorrow.

I read a short review of Eric Fromm’s book “To Have or to Be” and that is the conclusion he arrived at regarding man. As you say, “The false reality the world pursues today is the genocide of tomorrow.” That should make not a few sit up and take notice but despite the heavy ban on smoking, smoke still gets into most people’s eyes.

Thank you Régis. Making sense is what I strive for even if a lot of what I say doesn’t make any sense for boxed in thinkers.

Well done, S’T, although your phrase the “higher mind may be present” is a misnomer of sorts. In my experience all living beings have this “higher mind,” they are just not always aware of it.

Thanks rawgod. I can’t find the phrase you mention but be that as it may, don’t you think that if someone possesses something they are neither aware of, nor using, it could be said that they do not have it? For most the higher mind is certainly undiscovered and untravelled high mountain country.

My immediate thought-comment was, “Good luck with that” but I don’t mean to be flippant. Yes, the higher mind, the awakening, the breaking from Matrix conditioning, that’s all there, all within the realm of the possible and all necessary to man’s survival. Some will catch on and change their thinking patterns and their lives, most will not, those who are already so sure of everything that they will refuse to change their minds, relying instead on the “wisdom” of their institutions.

Why make fists at the clouds, or the sun? True. And the higher minded person doesn’t usually make a good capitalists. All “they” want you for is to contribute to the GDP and pay taxes. Then, your body fails, your mind fails, and that’s all folks.

… and that reminds me of a good joke: “What’s the difference between a prostitute and a lawyer (or tax collector)? The prostitute stops screwing you after you’re dead.

Liked by 1 person

6. deteremineddespitewp

On considering this valid observation of our locations and perceptions I think I may be muddling between the two.
    So my base instincts tell me ‘seek out a new pasture, this one is fallow’ and I move. Then another voice whispers, ‘Do you know where that instinct came from? Do you know what sent you on this journey?’
    And I reply ‘No’ or ‘Yes’, both of which seem to satisfy one way or another, depending on the circumstances. And then I either get clarity or a paradox.
    I might settle down eventually

It is fair and honest for me to state that I muddle between the two also, and on a regular basis. I would dearly like it if I could spend my mental time and energy exploring my own Altiplano, but too often the swamp beckons and I haven’t drained it, at least not completely.

Liked by 1 person

At the very least we should be able to fly above it and perhaps, from that perspective understand its purpose in the grander scheme of things.

Liked by 1 person